What's On at this Year's Festival
Thursday 6th Sept - Film Night
(Film starts at 7.45pm, Tickets £5, available on the door)
The Film Club will be showing a latino-themed film 'The Mexican' (2001, 15 rating), starring Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts.
Plot Summary: A man tries to transport an ancient gun called The Mexican, believed to carry a curse, back across the border, while his girlfriend pressures him to give up his criminal ways.
For the full IMDB review, see here.
Mexican-themed refreshments will also be available!
Friday 7th Sept - It's Friday Night, It's Comedy Night
(7pm - 11pm, Over 16's only. Tickets £15, available in advance from here or on the door)
Its back - it's Comedy Night! We have 4, yes 4! fabulous, top-quality stand-up comedians:
- Tony Veno - “Warm, engaging, funny and likeable, everything you want in a comedian” LUNACY COMEDY - Our MC for the night!
- James Sherwood - "sharp, precise and ingenious” CHORTLE
- Radu Isaac - English Comedian of the Year - finalist - 2017
- Pat Monahan - "All energy and bustle, Monahan has it in him to become a perfect circuit comedian and compere" TIME OUT
Saturday 8th September - Family Fun Day
(1pm onwards FREE ENTRY)
The daytime is a family event for adults and children with a Latino theme. This year we have:
- a fabulous Mariachi band to entertain us
- the returning Carnival Drummers providing musical drum entertainment
- a Mini Steam Engine offering rides for younger (and older) visitors
- Dog Agility circuit
- Fairground attractions for the younger visitors
- Speciality Market Stalls
- South American / Mexican food will also be available.
Saturday 8th September - Salsa Evening
(6pm onwards FREE ENTRY)
As we move into the evening, we move into Salsa Mode with the fantastic Mambo Vibes who will perform professional Salsa dance displays and run a class for all ages, all abilities to help you find your inner Latino!
Tickets for Friday night, priced at £15 are now available from the following outlets:
- Brigstock Cricket Club
- The Green Dragon, Brigstock
- Or you can email Rob Leaning or contact Peter Marsden-Findlay for more details.
The Beers And Ciders
We will be revamping our beer selection following a rigorous selection process. As an indication for newcomers, here are the beers that were available at last year's festival:
Abbeydale Brewery - Black Mass (6.6%), Deception (4.1%)
Blue Monkey - BG Sips(4.0%), Bonobo (5.3%)
Drygate - 7 Peaks (5.0%)
Grain Brewery - Blonde Ash (4.0%), Oak (3.8%), Redwood (4.3%)
Hop Back - Hopfest (4.5%)
Kelham Island - Kelham Best (3.8%)
Langton Brewery - Welland Fox (4.3%)
Nene Valley Brewery - Supersonic (6.0%)
Nobbys Brewery - American Pale (5.0%)
Potbelly - Best (3.8%), Saint or Sinner (6.6%), Black Sun (5.0%)
RCH - Blackberry Slug (4.5%), PG Steam (3.9%)
Salopian - Darwin's Origin (4.3%), Lemon Dream (4.5%)
Slaters - Rye IPA (3.8%)
Springhead - Roaring Meg (5.5%)
Woodforde's - Wherry (3.8%)
4T's - IPA (4.6%)
Ciders and Others
Bottle Kicking Cider Co. - Rambler (6.0%)
Eve's Cider - Traditional (6.0%)
Farmer Jim’s - Rhubarb Bob (4.1%)
Harefields Cider - Boot and Shoe (6.0%)
Lilleys Cider - Mango Cider (4.0%)
Rockingham Forest - Red Kite (6.4%)
Saxby's Cider - Blackcurrent (3.7%), Medium 5.0%)
Nobbys Brewery - Pilsner (4.8%)
Potbelly - LagerBrau (3.9%)