What's On at this Year's Festival
Friday 20th Sept - It's Friday Night, It's Comedy Night
(7pm - 11pm, Over 16's only. Tickets available in advance from here or on the door)
Details will follow as we near the festival date..
Its back - it's Comedy Night! We have 4, yes 4! fabulous, top-quality stand-up comedians:
- Andrew Lawrence One of Britain’s most subversive and intelligent comedians, Andrew Lawrence, has been lauded with many awards and nominations for his comedy including winning The BBC New Comedy Award, and being twice nominated for The Fosters Edinburgh Comedy Award. On television he has appeared on Live At The Apollo, The Michael McIntyre Comedy Roadshow, Dave’s One Night Stand and as a regular on Stand Up For The Week. The BBC have also since commissioned Andrew to record his fourth BBC Radio 4 series, There Is No Escape. Straight from Edinburgh on his eleventh consecutive year, he is currently on tour with his show THE HATE SPEECH TOUR.
- Tony Law Canadian surrealist and master story-teller Tony Law is a three-time Chortle Award winner, Amused Moose Best Show winner and Edinburgh Comedy Award nominee. His extensive TV and radio credits include: Have I Got News For You (BBC One), The Alternative Comedy Experience (Comedy Central), 8 Out Of 10 Cats (Channel 4), Celebrity Mastermind (BBC One), Celebrity Squares (ITV) Never Mind The Buzzcocks (BBC Two), Heading Out (BBC Two), The Culture Show (BBC Two), Charlie Brooker’s Weekly Wipe (BBC Two), Edinburgh Nights (BBC Two), Tony Law’s Surreal Guide To Surreal Comedy (Radio 4 Extra), Loose Ends and Infinite Monkey Cage (Radio 4).
- Ruth Cockburn Ruth is a familiar face on the UK circuit and UK comedy festivals. A critically acclaimed writer, her solo shows have earned her numerous nominations and awards. Her writing has even travelled across the globe after one of her plays was picked up by an Australian Theatre Company and performed down under.
Jason started out in comedy in 2006 and since then he’s performed at comedy clubs all over the UK.
Jason brings the house down with his relaxed style of comedy which leaves the audience wanting more.
With the confidence & stage presence of a seasoned pro this versatile comedian is definitly one to watch out for.
"Jason Patterson absolutely sounds the part. He’s got a rich, deep voice that oozes confidence, and a perfectly measured delivery that gives him instant authority." - Chortle.
Saturday 21st September - Family Fun Day
(1pm onwards FREE ENTRY)
Details will follow as we near the festival date..
The daytime is a family event for adults and children with a Latino theme. This year we have:
- a fabulous Elvis impersonator to entertain us
- Cheerleaders providing dance entertainment
- Zorbing - roll yourselves silly
- a Mini Steam Engine offering rides for younger (and older) visitors
- Dog Agility circuit
- Fairground attractions for the younger visitors
- Punch and Judy
- a Flea Circus!
- a Circus Skills demonstrator and teacher
- Speciality Market Stalls
- American food will also be available.
Saturday 21st September - Rock'n'Roll Evening
(6pm onwards FREE ENTRY)
As we move into the evening, we move into Rock'n'Roll Mode with Elvis! followed by the fantastic T100s playing Rockabilly and Rock'N'Roll through the ages!
Tickets for Friday night, priced at £15 will be available from the following outlets:
- Telephone Chris Allen on 01536 373059
- Brigstock Cricket Club
- Or you can track down committee members (chaired by Rob Leaning)
Current prices are:
Friday Night Is Comedy Night
Over 16's only. Ticket-only entry, £15, including free programme.
Saturday Family Fun Session and Music Session
FREE entry for adults and children.
The Beers And Ciders
Here are the beers that will be available:
Hardywood, West Virginia - Pils (5.2%)
Hardywood, West Virginia - Tangerine Suncrush (4.0%)
Hardywood, West Virginia - VIPA Virginian Pale Ale (5.2%)
Potbelly, Kettering - Lagerbrau (3.9%)
Weldon Brewery - P B & J (5.2%)
Weldon Brewery - Fake News (4.0%)
Baker’s Dozen, Ketton - Magic Potion No.19 (3.8%)
Baker’s Dozen, Ketton - Electric Landlady (5.0%)
Black Hole, Derbyshire - Supernova (4.8%)
Black Hole, Derbyshire - Milky Way (6.0%)
Charnwood, Leics. - APA (4.8%)
Church End, Nuneaton - Fallen Angel (5.0%)
Church End, Nuneaton - Gravedigger Mild (3.8%)
Dark Star, Sussex - APA (4.7%)
Dorking Brewery - Pilcrow Pale (4.0%)
Downton, Salisbury - Elderquad (4.0%)
Hopback, Wiltshire - Taiphoon (4.2%)
Hopback, Wiltshire - Summer Lightning (5.0%)
Langton Brewery - Inclined Plane (4.2%)
Loch Lomond Brewery - Come on Pilgrim (5.0%)
Joules, Shropshire - Slumbering Monk (4.5%)
Mr Grundy’s, Derby - Sniper (4.6%)
Nene Valley Brewery - Release the Chimps (4.4%)
Nene Valley Brewery - Hopstash Denali edition (5.0%)
Nobbys, Thrapston - Goldings (4.0%)
Nobbys, Thrapston - Claridges Crystal (3.6%)
Oakham Ales - Citra (4.2%)
Portobello Brewery - APA (5.0%)
Potbelly, Kettering - Now for something completely different (4.7%)
Rudgates, York - Battle Axe (4.2%)
Quantock, Somerset - QB USA West (4.5%)
Salopian, Shrewsbury - Rules of Engagement (3.8%)
Tiny Rebel, Wales - CWTCH (4.6%)
Ciders and Perrys
Broad Oak,Bristol - Perry (7.5%)
Broad Oak,Bristol - Pear and Chilli (4.0%)
Broad Oak,Bristol - Sloe Gin Cider (4.0%)
Celtic Marches, Somerset - Abraham AD (6.0%)
Celtic Marches, Somerset - Slack Alice 4.6%)
Gwynt Y Draig, Wales - Autumn Magic (4.0%)
Gwynt Y Draig, Wales - Black Dragon (7.2%)
Lilleys, Somerset - Mango (4.0%)
Lilleys, Somerset - Rhubarb (4.0%)